Do some people with whom you work drive you nuts?
Oppositely, is it easy breezy to interact with others? Understanding an individual’s Social Style is a key component to building and strengthening interpersonal workplace relationships.
Social Style is the world’s leading behavioral style model. It has been used by thousands of organizations to improve leadership performance and sales results. It is powerful because it’s easy to understand and easy to apply with others. It makes your relationships more effective. Years of research into workplace success have shown that people are one of four Social Style, each with their own preferred way of acting, thinking, and making decisions. Understanding those preferences allows you to determine the best way to interact with anyone.
Julie Sherwood is the current ATD Suncoast Chapter’s VP of Programs and Workshops. She is a certified Social Style instructor and has taught it to many different audiences and cultures across the globe. Julie has a Master’s in Education from Johns Hopkins University and has been in the professional learning and development arena for over 17 years. She currently works on the Learning & Design team for PriceWaterhouse.
In this session, you will learn:
• The components of the Social Style model
• The four distinct Styles and their characteristics
• Ways to identify another person’s Style
• How to work collaboratively with your own Style
• Strategies for working effectively with all StylesMeeting Agenda:
5:30-6:00 PM Registration and Networking
6:00-6:30 PM Dinner and Announcements
6:30-7:30 PM Speaker Presentation7:30-8:00 PM Wrap Up
Our new meeting location is:
4401 North Himes Avenue
Classroom #2533 (second floor)
Tampa, FL 33614
Our meeting is being held in classroom #2533, and someone will be at the front door to direct you.
- Classroom is located on second floor.
- If using the stairs, turn right at the 2nd floor landing, classroom is down hall on the right.
- If using elevator, upon exiting, turn left, classroom is down the hall on the right.