Do you want to create responsive and engaging eLearning without complex programming skills?
Adobe Captivate is a highly effective, low cost option that will help you create immersive eLearning experiences that learners will love!
This 2-day workshop will provide you with all the skills you need to create outstanding interactive content using an authoring tool that has been embraced by more than 80% of Fortune 500 companies.
Times are changing. Training is evolving.
Although ‘in person’ training will always have an important role to play in developing people, teams and organizations - ‘Blended’ delivery which incorporates high quality, immersive eLearning is where it is at.
The modern learner has far higher expectations, which often involves being able to ‘pull’ on learning when required as opposed to being ‘pushed’ through a training course. This has recently been illustrated through the ATD ‘State of the Industry’ report, which highlighted the increased use of online delivery by organizations.
Although there are now hundreds of authoring tools available to create this engaging online content – Adobe Captivate remains one of the industry leaders.
This 2-day workshop will provide ‘hands on’ training in how to use key features of Captivate to create professional eLearning content.
Participants will be required to bring with them their own laptop with the 30-day free trial version of Adobe Captivate pre-downloaded (if you do not already subscribe to Adobe Captivate).
By the end of this 2-day course you will be able to:
- Understand the eLearning instructional design process.
- Recognize the role of Adobe Captivate Draft (works in conjunction with Adobe Captivate) in the instructional design process.
- Locate and use key tools including text, images, shapes, audio, video, animations and characters in order to create engaging eLearning modules.
- Design quizzes that can be tracked in any SCORM compliant Learning Management System.
- Develop a software simulation.
- Include interactive features including buttons, click boxes and rollovers with the aim of engaging the end user.
- Create and publish an eLearning module in HTML5, which can be viewed on any device including desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile.
Who is this course for?
- L&D professionals who are looking to move into online eLearning content development.
- Individuals who are new to using eLearning rapid authoring tools.
- eLearning developers who are new to Adobe Captivate (e.g. may have used Storyline previously)
Who is this course not for?
- Users who already have an advanced understanding of Adobe Captivate.
- Individuals who are highly experienced at eLearning development.
- Participants will be notified to download the trial version of Adobe Captivate within 30 days of the training.
- Participants must not leave this until the day of the training.
- Power will accessible in the training room to plug in your laptop.
- 9.00am – 4.30pm (each day)
- ATD Florida Suncoast Chapter Members - $495
- Students - $395
- Non-Members - $695 (become a member for only $65)
- Mark Griffiths
- Mark is a Client Partner at Newleaf Training & Development and heads up the East Coast Office in Orlando, Florida. Mark has personally gained over 15 years experience in the training, eLearning and staff development space - working with non-profit, education and privately held organizations such as Randstad, Boston Scientific and Citrix to create and deliver high impact blended learning solutions using a wide range of eLearning authoring tools.