Do you want to create responsive and engaging eLearning without complex programming skills? Adobe Captivate is a highly effective, low cost option that will help you create immersive eLearning experiences that learners will love!
This 1-day workshop will provide you with all the skills you need to create outstanding interactive content using an authoring tool that has been embraced by more than 80% of Fortune 500 companies.
The modern learner has far higher expectations, which often involves being able to ‘pull’ on learning when required as opposed to being ‘pushed’ through a training course. This has recently been illustrated through the ATD ‘State of the Industry’ report, which highlighted the increased use of online delivery by organizations. Let’s be honest too, we are all asked to do more with less. So reduce your instructor lead facilitation time, your learners time away from their tasks and deploy OnDemand learning to your organization or clients.
Although there are now hundreds of authoring tools available to create this engaging online content – Adobe Captivate remains one of the industry leaders.
This 1-day workshop will provide ‘hands on’ training in how to use key features of Captivate to create professional eLearning content.
Participants will be required to bring with them their own laptop with the 30-day free trial version of Adobe Captivate pre-downloaded (if you do not already subscribe to Adobe Captivate).
By the end of this 1-day course you will be able to:
- Describe the eLearning instructional design best practices
- Locate and use key features of Captivate
- Design quizzes that can be tracked in any SCORM compliant Learning Management System.
- Develop a software simulation.
- Develop responsive eLearning
- Create and publish an eLearning module in HTML5, which can be viewed on any device including desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile.
Who is this course for?
- L&D professionals who are looking to move into online eLearning content development.
- Individuals who are new to using eLearning rapid authoring tools.
- eLearning developers who are new to Adobe Captivate (e.g. may have used Storyline previously)
Who is this course not for?
- Users who already have an advanced understanding of Adobe Captivate.
- Individuals who are highly experienced at eLearning development.
- Participants will be notified to download the trial version of Adobe Captivate within 30 days of the training. Please do NOT leave this until the day of the training!
- Power will accessible in the training room to plug in your laptop.
Date, Time & Location
- September 19, 2019
- 8:30 am – 4:20 pm
- Lunch will be provided
- South University, 4401 North Himes Ave, Tampa, FL 33614 (Classroom: 1158)
- ATD Florida Suncoast Chapter Members - $325
- Students - $275 (must submit current course schedule)
- Non-Members - $400 (become a member for only $65!)
Facilitator: Sean McGinty
Sean McGinty is the Senior eLearning Specialist at Power Design Inc, the eSIG Manager
(eLearning Chair) for ATD Suncoast, and Advisory Committee member for the USF Muma
College of Business Cybersecurity Executive Education Certificate Program. His specialties
are eLearning development, Instructional Design (ISD), Learning Technology, Security
Culture, and Instructor Lead Training (ILT). He has 20+ years in Learning & Development
spanning multiple industry groups; he holds several certifications in ISD and L&D software
packages. He is also an accomplished homebrewer.